Recipe of the Week
Seared Sesame Tuna
Ingredients (serves 6)
* 3 (about 300g each) tuna steaks
* 3 1/2 tbs soy sauce
* 3 tbs sesame seeds
* 1 1/2 tbs peanut oil, plus extra to fry
* 1 small Spanish red onion, cut into rings
* 1 1/2 tbs sherry vinegar
* 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Cover the tuna in two tablespoons soy sauce. Press sesame seeds into both sides of fish and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
2. Heat a little peanut oil in a pan over very high heat and fry tuna quickly on one side for about 1 minute,
then turn and cook for about half a minute. Set aside to rest.
3. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients and transfer to a serving plate. Cut each steak into six diagonal slices and place on top of salad.